Friday, April 27, 2012

Post 32: It was the best of times.....






It was the best of times, it was the worst of times..... it was the season of Light, it was the season of Darkness, it was the spring of hope, it was the winter of despair....(Charles Dickins) those words describe the past year perfectly. A year ago our baby girl, Elise was born. April 26th, 2011. It was the happiest day of our lives. I had been sick and I knew in my heart something wasn't right. But my doctor told me to come back 6 weeks after Elise was born for more tests. This 6 weeks of normalcy was such a gift. I am so grateful for those moments where I could just focus on being a new mommy. That was the last time I felt "normal." I didn't have a care in the world other than being a new family. Phillip and I were so excited to be parents. This little girl has brought us so much happiness in the past year, and I don't know what we would have done without this angel. She is everything to us. Our light, our hope, our purpose. She makes every surgery, every pill, every test I have to endure, and every bit of stress we have gone through worth it. I will do anything I have to to make sure Phillip and I will grow old together. I want to see Elise find the love of her life like I have. I want her to experience these same feelings of joy and overwhelming love that I have for her if she chooses to have a little one someday. I want to know that I have done everything in my power to be with my family as long as I can. There have definitely been moments that are so dark I don't know how I will get out of them. But there have also been moments where I am so happy I feel like my heart might burst. Moments where I feel like I am the luckiest person on the planet. Happy birthday my sweet baby girl. We love you more than we can even express. 






































1 comment:

  1. Just beautiful. Happy birthday, sweet Elise! She is adorable!

    ReplyDelete