Thursday, September 29, 2011

Post 6: Surgeon Consultation

Yesterday (September 28th) Phillip and I met with my surgeon in Gainesville, Florida to discuss the procedure. At first we were told I might need 6 weeks of chemotherapy and radiation. The radiation would need to be done before my first surgery because it can ruin the JPouch that my surgeon will create for me. (The JPouch is created so I do not have to have a permanent colostomy bag). We were devistated because radiation to the pelvis meant we would more than likely never be able to have another child. Wednesday night I just held Elise forever and thanked God for her over and over. I was heartbroken that we may not be able to have another child, and I just wanted to soak it all in. Holding her, rocking her, the feeling of having my baby in my arms. I was an emotional wreck. It really hit us that we wanted another baby. But we are just so grateful for Elise and came to terms that if Elise was our only child, then we would be just fine. It was a miracle that we had her before all of this was discovered! She is the light of our life. We will be meeting with the oncologists tomorrow to discuss treatment.

No comments:

Post a Comment